When it comes to love, there are many ways that you can show your partner how much you care. You can say “I love you” and give them a big hug. You could write them a card telling them why they mean the world to you or buy them their favorite flowers for Valentine’s Day. However, not all lovers have the time or means to do these things every day of the year, so we’ve come up with 10 other ways that people express their feelings of love for their significant other in creative and fun ways!
This might sound like something out of a movie, but writing a love letter can really touch someone’s heart. You could write about how much you care about your partner or thank them for being in your life. Many people find it hard to put their feelings into words, but when you are able to write down your thoughts, it can be a really moving experience.
Another way that people express their love is by cooking for the person they care about most in the world. It might not always be their favorite meal or dessert, but knowing how much someone loves them enough to cook for them will make anyone happy!
1. Make dinner for your partner – Cooking is a great way to show that you care about someone. Even if it’s not their favorite meal, make them something, and don’t forget the dessert!
2. Write a love letter – This might sound like something out of a movie, but writing a love letter can really touch someone’s heart. You could write about how much you care about your partner or thank them for being in your life.
3. Buy some new clothes and then send pictures of yourself wearing them – Your partner might feel neglected sometimes and not think you notice what they wear day to day, but sending pictures of yourself wearing clothes you bought for them will make them feel special and cared for.
4. Play music that reminds you of them – If your partner has a favorite song, play it for them. Or if they have an artist or genre that they love, listen to those songs and share what you’re listening to with your significant other.
5. Send flowers, buy them a card, do a little DIY project, cook them dinner or give them their favorite snack
6. Write something sweet on the mirror in the bathroom (they’ll see it when they brush their teeth every day)
7. Remind them of the things you love about them (tell them why you’re proud to be their partner)
8. Surprise! Leave notes or cards randomly around the house and share what you appreciate about them. Did they look so adorable in that tuxedo at work? Let’s tell them all about it and make sure to remind them how much they mean to us.
9. Give them something they’ve been asking for (but you keep saying no to)
10. Tell them “I love you” and remind them of all the reasons you do. Send them a card, write it on their favorite drink, or put it in our lunch bag
11. Work together to make their dream vacation happen – choose an awesome spot, book the trip and give them a gift card for their travel companion (this is definitely one of my favorites)
12. Make it special! Surprise him/her with balloons and flowers on your anniversary or make reservations at their favorite restaurant. Speaking of anniversaries – if you’ve been together for quite some time now, why not throw an anniversary party?
13. Give them a hug and tell them “I Love You” (the gift that keeps giving)
14. Tell your partner how you’re feeling. Do they make you feel special, happy, like the best version of you? If so, let they know!
15. Plan something to look forward to – are there any upcoming events you could get tickets for? Maybe even save up a few bucks so that you can buy them their favorite movie or album.
16. Give your spouse a call just to tell them how great they’re doing and how much you appreciate the efforts they’ve put into completing whatever task it is that’s on the agenda today.
17. Put extra effort into your special time together (sex) and let them know exactly what you’re doing to make it so good for them.
18. Remember! Love is a verb…it’s an action word, partner. Actions speak louder than words (even when they’re whispered).
19. Show up. Be present in the relationship100%, show up every day and be consistent.
Your partner is your best friend. They’re the one person who understands you, loves you unconditionally and is always there for you. When was the last time that you expressed how much love and affection to give them? It’s not about buying expensive gifts or doing something extravagant but more about simple gestures like a note, breakfast in bed, snuggling on the couch, or bringing home flowers. Expressing your love and affection can be done at any point in the day. Start with these 19 ways to show your partner some extra love today!